Although it is technically Spring, it’s not surprising to have a snow day in April! There are numerous activities to do whether you want to stay warm and inside, or go outside and play in the snow. Not sure how you want to spend this wonderful day? We’ve got you covered. Here are my top 10 favorite things to do on a snow day!
- Build a fort: Grab all the pillows and blankets that you can find, and make a fort. Bring your laptop in and you’ll feel like you’re in another world!
- Make homemade hot chocolate: All you need is milk, cocoa powder, sugar, water, and vanilla extract. Check out the full recipe by clicking here!
- Have a movie marathon: If you’ve been busy with school work and haven’t had the chance to watch movies or tv, this is the perfect day to do so.
- Arts & Craft: Whatever supplies you have laying around will suffice. To make awesome snowflakes, check out this website: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-6-Pointed-Paper-Snowflakes/
- Bake: Bake whatever your favorite dessert is! Check out the ingredients you have in your pantry and start baking! Baking is a fun interactive activity, and will also make your house smell great!
- Build a snowman or fort: There is nothing more fun than building a snowman or fort. It’s a great way to spend the day outside and you can get as creative as you want!
- Go sledding: No matter how old you are, sledding will always be a blast and put a smile on your face. Head over to your closest hill (make sure it’s safe) and sled the day away!
- Make snow ice cream: This one is a bit of indoor and outdoors. You need to go outside to get the snow, but once you have the snow you can head into the kitchen and start making ice cream! To find out the ingredients and recipe, check out http://herviewfromhome.com/pinspiration-snow-ice-cream/
- Observe: The snow makes everything look a little bit more magical, and watching the snow fall is an activity in itself!
- Have a snowball fight: Make sure you only use white snow, and not to throw them too hard because you don’t want to get hurt! If you’re really into making snowballs, check out this snowball maker here
Let us know what you plan on doing today or what your favorite snow day activities are! Be sure to follow us on snapchat @noyzedotorg so you don’t miss out on anything!