Spring break is here and you must be wondering what to do! Well, luckily, we’ve got you covered. If you’re not going away for vacation, don’t worry because there are plenty of fun things to do right here in Cortland County. You don’t need to spend a lot of money to have fun either, and I’m here to give you options that are budget friendly and of course, fun!
- Greek Peak: There are so many things to do at Greek Peak. If you want to be adventurous there’s mountain biking and the outdoor adventure center. There is also the indoor waterpark or the waterfalls spa if you want a relaxing day.
- Hike: Love being outside? Try going on a different hike each day of spring break. Here are the top 5 places to go hiking in Cortland!
- Tinker Falls: Located south of Labrador Crossing Road, and begins across NY 91. There is a 50 foot waterfall with an impressive natural rock amphitheater above a 30 foot rocky cascade!
- Kennedy State Forest: This 15 mile section of the Finger Lakes Trail takes you to Virgil Mountain which is the highest point in Cortland County. This trail also has a number of loop hikes!
- Taylor Valley: This State Forest park is popular for hiking, bird watching, camping, and hunting. Camping is free in the state forest, and there are great hiking trails.
- Gee Brook State Forest: Located in the town of Cininnatus, this easy walk can be enjoyed by all ages!
- Lime Hollow Nature Center: The trails here are open every day from dawn until dusk, and features various hiking trails.
- Make a Scavenger Hunt: Make up your own list or use google for some inspiration. Make sure you are in a safe location and tell your parents where you will be! Another popular scavenger hunt to get involved with over this spring break is called Geocaching!
- Make a Garden: Spring is finally here and what better way to start spring break off than making a garden! Go to the nearest florist or Lowes and buy seeds for whatever you choose to plant! You can grow flowers, vegetables, fruits-anything you want!
Whether it’s hiking, geocaching or making a garden of your own, make sure you have a fun and safe spring break! Let us know what you plan on doing for spring break and be sure to follow us on snapchat @noyzedotorg so you don’t miss out on any stories!