First off, many of you may be thinking,”What is first Friday?” The first Friday is celebrated in Cortland County in a movement to celebrate the arts in local communities on the first Friday of each month. Local galleries, studios, artists, music and performing arts venues will be open to the public from 5pm to 8pm. The talent of local potters, painters, artisans, crafters, poets and musicians will be showcased.
The schedule for tonight’s First Friday:
- A Self Portrait Exhibit by Homer Students at The Vault, 110 Tompkins St.
- Women’s History Month Display at the YWCA, 14 Clayton Ave.
- Danielle Bellumori at Cortland Prevention Resources, 73 Main St.
- Robert Sikora at Cortland Free Library, 32 Church St.
- Meghan Rahner and Mya Parker at Magpie, 75 East Court St.
- Charles Dellow at Cinch Art Space, 75 East Court St.
- Tours and Free Paintings at Uncorked Creations, 75 East Court St.
- Community Arts Challenge at the Beard Gallery, 9 Main St.
- Cortland County Teachers Art Show at the Center for the Arts of Homer, 72 S. Main St., Homer
First Friday is great for all ages, and is a fun, entertaining way to spend the evening in Cortland. There is talent all around us in Cortland, and first Friday is a great way to showcase it. For more information regarding Cortland community events check out the website http://cortland.org/ent/index.html
Be sure to follow us on snapchat @noyzedotorg and instagram @noyzegram to see photos and videos of the events and let us know which events you attend!