Although the Super Bowl is treated like a holiday among so many Americans, frankly not everyone is a crazed football fan. While your friends may be eating chips and pizza galore, there is a lot of other activities for you to do instead!
Everyone will be inside with their eyes glued to the screen, which means not a lot of people will be out during this time. It’s the perfect day to go out and try something new, or have a relaxing Sunday at home. Maybe your team didn’t make it to the Bowl, or you just couldn’t care less about who won, but here’s a list of 5 things to do instead of watching the infamous Super Bowl.
- Go outside! There’s nothing like going for a nice walk while the air is cool and crisp. Check out http://cnyhiking.com/CortlandCounty.htm to see all the trails in Cortland County.
- Finish a book. Cozy up in front of the fire and finally read that book you’ve been meaning to finish.
- Cook! Bake some cookies, pies, or cake. My personal favorite to make is funfetti cookies. Get some cooking inspiration with these fun recipes here http://allrecipes.com/recipes/17223/everyday-cooking/seasonal/winter/desserts/
- Start a new television series. This is the perfect thing to do if you feel like staying in your pj’s and cuddling on your couch all day.
- Watch the puppy bowl! The puppy bowl is the world’s cutest sporting event and starts at 3pm. You won’t want to miss this!
Happy Super Bowl Sunday!